I built a custom Ten Wheeler in 2006 using a BBT Chassis for the running gear.
It used some pieces from a Bachmann Anniversary Ten Wheeler, as well as some kits and various detail parts.
In May 2009, this locomotive fell off of the highest elevated part of my layout -
I decided that I would give the locomotive a more modern look and thus the cab would now resemble a riveted steel cab, instead of the original wood cab.
I used the dimensions from the ET&WNC tender to scratch build a new tender. This one has a removable coal load that gives me access to the electronics and the battery. The battery is removable and does not need to charge in the tender.
The tender is built on a styrene frame; ABS tubes formed the corners of the water tanks and the entire tender is covered in .020” styrene with rivets embossed from the back. I fabricated a water hatch to hold the on-
The cab was constructed of .040” styrene cut to shape. An outer layer of .020” styrene was embossed with rivets and glued in place on the inner layer. The roof is two layers of .020” styrene. Again, the outer layer has rivet details embossed.
The original green paint was never satisfactory. I decided this time to go with basic black and used Krylon Satin Black spray to give the locomotive a new look.